Website Maintenance Agreement
This agreement is between Sam’s Websites and its Client.
Clients are contracting Sam’s Websites as a provider of web site maintenance & Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) services. Services not considered 'standard website maintenance' or ‘SEO’ are subject to be charged at a regular hourly rate of $120.00 or otherwise quoted, and will not be considered part of this contract. The minimum charge for maintenance is $435.00 for a 6 month period.
What IS included in this agreement:
1. Edit, revise, update or create new textual/minor graphical content.
2. Consultation, and guidance on the use of the web site.
3. Onpage SEO such as Meta tags (title, description, keywords), alt tag, h1, h2, h3.
4. Regular monitoring and updating to ensure optimum performance across all major browsers and devices due to the fact that not all browsers render sites in the same way.
5. Protection against hackers from gaining access to your site.
6. Regular and thorough backups of your site so that it may be fully restored in case of loss.
7. Monitoring your website functionality to ensure that everything is working as it should and upgrade where necessary. Some plugins may become outdated and no longer work with the newest version of your website software. Plugins may need upgrading to accommodate the newer version, or become obsolete with the improvements in the website software.
8. Downtime is highly inconvenient for any website owner and when it happens it is important to have someone on hand to help. We have a minimum of 99.99% uptime on all websites.
*When your site is offline, you need contact immediate technical support, We ensure that option is available and deal with any issues ourselves so you don’t have to.
What is NOT included in this agreement:
1. Web site redesign, re-alignment or re-development equalling more than 50% change to an individual web page, web site, web graphics on the website (i.e. 4 graphics on website, and you want 3 changed, there is a charge for anything above 2, meaning 50%)
2. CMS design or integration including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts, payment gateways, booking systems and web forums. These require a separate design agreement and proposal.
• Sam’s Websites shall provide Client with minor updates to the web site for an indefinite period of within this contract. The contract will be paid on a Monthly Basis with the 1st payment due as soon as initial work is complete and each payment due each month on a date set and agreed to by both parties.
• During the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that Sam’s Websites will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the web site, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party other than Sam’s Websites makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged for at the hourly rate specified above. Minor updates should not exceed more than 50% of the content on any single site page, THE PERCENTAGE TO BE DETERMINED BY SAM'S WEBSITES.
Intellectual Property and Confidential Information
From the start date of this agreement, you grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty and fee free, unlimited licence (including the right to sub-license) to adapt, modify, communicate, exploit (in any manner) and use: (1) any or part of the Deliverables in connection with the Services in the development, marketing, promotion or any of our other business activities which may include distributing these same deliverables to 3rd parties; and (2) any improvements to your IP made by us in connection with the Services in development, marketing, promotion or any of our other business activities which may include distributing these same deliverable to 3rd parties.
Payment Terms & Termination of this Agreement
Clients may terminate this agreement at any time with 30 days written notice, additional fees may apply for early termination.
A fee of $150 will be charged to the clients account for terminating this agreement between the 1st month and the 6th month of the agreement term.
A fee of $75 will be charged to the clients account for terminating this agreement between the 6th month and the 12th month of the agreement term.
Sam’s Websites may terminate this agreement at anytime with written notice to the client.
An administrative fee of $25 will be charged to the clients account for any late payments or declined credit card charges.
An administrative fee of $35 will be charged for returned checks.
There are absolutely no refunds for any fees related to website maintenance services.
Deadlines & Deliverables:
Sam’s Websites will respond to all maintenance requests from Client within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends, via email or phone. Most content update requests will be completed within two (2) business days unless prior arrangements have been made. Most work will be done within this time frame, this is mostly precautionary.
Sam’s Websites will adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the maintenance requests at all possible costs. In the event that Sam’s Websites has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, Client will be notified via email or telephone the reasoning for any change.
Any revisions, additions or redesign Client requests Sam’s Websites to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered "additional" and will require separate agreement and payment. Sam’s Websites shall advise Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
Authorisation & Acceptance of Terms & Conditions:
By signing this agreement or completing the Direct Debit form, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia applicable therein.